Library Assistant: Customer Services Department (part-time)
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Library Assistant in the Customer Services Department. The position is part-time (regularly scheduled 20 hours per week) and earns sick leave, holiday, and vacation time. The Library Assistant works a flexible schedule which will include evenings and weekends on a rotating basis.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience serving the public in a customer services setting
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college is preferred
- Previous library experience is preferred
The successful candidate must perform Customer Services Department functions, including but not limited to:
- Assisting customers with library transactions such as borrowing and returning items, paying fines, registering for cards, and answering questions about library programs and services
- Checking library materials in/out using the SIRSI/Dynix system
- Answering directional questions in person and on the phone
- Contributing to the overall effectiveness of the department
- Packing and shipping library materials to and from other agencies
- Learning and following all library policies and procedures
- Supporting the Library’s mission by providing exceptional customer service.
Salary range: $9.02 - $12.78 per hour / 20 hours per week
The position is open until filled, but applicants applying by May 25, 2017, will receive first consideration. This position is not eligible for healthcare benefits. Interviews will be scheduled the week of June 5 and will include tests for alphanumeric filing, typing, and basic math. Library employment applications are available at the Customer Service desk or download the PDF here. Please send resume and completed application to:
Attn: Julianne Bedel, Director
602 West Park Avenue
Barberton, OH 44203
No phone calls, please.
Students seeking internships or practicum experience should email the Library Director, Julianne Bedel, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals must be currently enrolled in a degree program in order to request an internship or practicum.